Monday 14 July 2014

Chit Chat: Get to Know Me

Hi everyone! I would just like to take a moment to thank you all on reading my posts! It means so much to me. The more people I reach and that want to read & hear what I have to say truly excites me & I love & appreciate every single one of you! If you like my blogs, I have done some tweaking & you can now add your email address to receive instant updates on my Blogging journey! 

Now, I know it is not Tuesday, but I wanted to give you a little extra, especially after the beautiful messages I have been receiving on my Twitter account (Links to any social media are located down the bottom) from some of you lovely people. So I will, as usual, have a post up for you again tomorrow, I thought I would take this opportunity to let you all know a bit more about me!

So as anyone that reads my blog would by now know, or for any new readers, I am a qualified Beauty Therapist. I started this blog over a year ago with one thing in mind: getting any misconceptions of Beauty Therapists out of their mind, that we do in fact know quite a lot. (I have a Diploma & a box filled to the brim of work & assignments and knowledge to prove it!) After a year-long hiatus, I started thinking what I could do in my life to educate others & help them to know some of the things I have learnt & even some things I picked up, whether it be from the internet or just trial & error. I basically just wanted to help. So I remembered, "HEY, I still have that blog." A couple of weeks later, here I am, as promised - still writing.  SO here we go! 

I thought the best possible way to get to know me would be to answer 40 questions about myself & hopefully we will be one step closer to being BFFs.

1) Are you a morning or night person? I’m most definitely a night owl!
2) Which do you prefer, sweet or salty foods? That would definitely be salty foods. Sweet foods give me a headache.
3) Are you a collector of anything? Makeup, it’s my hobby, my weakness.  I also keep a lot of things with sentimental value, for instance I still have every single card I have ever received.
4) If you could be any animal, what would you be? I would be either a dog or an Elephant. They are beautiful creatures with amazing emotional capabilities.
5) If you could have any superpower, what would it be? I’d like to say read minds, but the more I think about that, the less appealing it sounds – maybe some things are better left unsaid. Probably to be able to teleport, that would be pretty awesome. Imagine travelling the entire world all the time cost-free, and traffic – what traffic?
6) What is usually your first thought when you wake up & what do you usually think about right before falling asleep? My first thought when I wake up is usually: crap, morning already? What? Right before falling asleep, I think about anything from worldly issues, my boyfriend, family, life issues, TV shows to how I’m going to do my makeup the next day – so pretty much anything!
7) What’s your favourite colour? Just one? My  10 year old self would have said “rainbow”. If I had to choose, I couldn’t narrow it any further than two colours: green & orange – yet if I had to choose one colour for the rest of my life, it would be a toss- up between white, black & grey.
8) Do you believe in extraterrestrials or life on other planets? I think that to say there is no other life in the multiple galaxies, solar systems & possibly even universes would be an extremely ignorant thing to say.
9) Do you believe in ghosts? It depends on what you define as “ghosts”. I think there are definitely supernatural experiences that simply cannot be explained with logic.
10) Ever been addicted to a video/computer game? Which one(s)? Oh dear. The Sims, years ago & I was pretty obsessed with finishing Mario Kart Wii, Super Mario Bros. Wii & Little Big Planet 1&2. At the moment, I am so loving Covet fashion (available on both the Apple App Store & Google Play).
11) You’re given 1 million dollars, what do you spend it on? I would buy myself a house first, Invest a small amount into long-term savings for future mini-me’s, travel the world & then donate the rest.
12) Have any bad habits? Staying up very late on Social Media & watching Shaaanxo, Lauren Curtis, Karissa Pukas, gossmakeupartist, Chloe Morello, Carli Bybel, Stephanie Bailey, Nicole Guerriero, Jenna Marbles, Jimmy Tatro and those emotional videos that tug on your heartstrings (and tear ducts).
13) Which bad habits, if any, drive you crazy? Saying you will do something & not doing it, nail biting & being unclean.
14) List 3 of your best personality traits: Caring, understanding, never settle (I never settle in the way that I never want to stop learning, bettering myself, and always taking opportunities)
15) List 3 of your worst personality traits: I like my things a certain way & forget that it’s not the only way to do/clean/store things (just don’t move my stuff, I will notice!), I am incredibly lazy & I take a long time to trust someone.
16) Have any celebrity crushes? Mmm Girl, where to start? Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley – actually pretty much every guy on The Vampire Diaries, John Mayer, the boys on Pretty Little Liars, I’m sure there’s plenty more, but they come to mind first.
17) What’s the first thing you notice in the opposite sex? Attitude & the way they hold themselves. The way someone treats children, animals, friends & family, as well as how they talk to strangers and staff of various places. I couldn’t care less about a guy who treats someone like dirt. Being rude instantly averts my eyes, regardless of the attractiveness of a person.
18) What personality traits do you look for in a partner? As mentioned before, attitude is a big one, doing the things they say they will do, putting in their half of the relationship, showing how much they care, admitting & apologising when they are wrong, being outgoing and family oriented.
19) What personality traits do you dislike in other people? Ignorance, not doing what you say you will do, breaking promises, being unreliable.
20) Are you mostly a clean or messy person? Clean, neat & organised.
21) Do you see yourself getting married in the next 5 years? Most likely, Yes. My Boyfriend & I have been together for nearly 2 years and have known one another for 7.
30) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live & If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? Does the whole of Europe count? I really want to travel pretty much everywhere and cannot wait to do so! If I had to choose somewhere to live, to be honest I love Australia & could never live in another country for good, but somewhere closer to a beach would be nice.
31) List 5 goals on your life’s to-do list: Travel, Have some sort of business venture, Get married & have children, own my own house, make a difference.
32) Name 1 regret you have: Losing touch with some really amazing people.
33) Name 1 thing you miss about being a kid: Not having to make any choices.
34) Name 1 thing you love about being an adult: FREEDOM!
35) What’s your favourite song of the moment & what’s your favourite song of all time? If you asked me at any one time, my answer would likely change. At the moment, I am in love with Ed Sheeran’s new album, X – Tenerife Sea (Watch here) & Thinking out Loud (Watch here) are beautiful songs. My favourite song of all time would be John Mayer’s live cover of Free Fallin’(Watch here), gets me every time.
36) What’s your favourite thing to do on a Saturday night? Honestly? Snuggle into a warm blanket on the couch and watch one of the many TV shows I LOVE. (The vampire diaries, Pretty Little Liars, The Originals, Hart of Dixie, The OC, One Tree Hill, True Blood, Californication, The L word. The List goes on)
37) If you could have 3 wishes granted, what would they be? To end poverty, to stop animal cruelty and (a really materialistic one, you were warned) unlimited makeup supplies.
38) Name 1 thing not many people know about you: I Always take things to heart.
39) Do you believe in the afterlife? I would like to believe that this isn’t all there is, but I guess we will never really know.
40) Guilty pleasures: Coffee, Redbull, Internet, Dr Phil (I Know) and buying makeup (SIGH).

So there you go! I hope you feel as though you know me a little better, and if you have any more questions, please leave a comment, or check me out on Social Media. Until next time .. 
-Beauty Geek x

No comments:

Post a Comment